Full-Stack Software Engineer (All Levels)At Found
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 22nd
The self-employed workforce is a rapidly growing, resilient, and colorful 60 million Americans. But self-employment comes with its own set of challenges: navigating taxes, accounting, bookkeeping, and business banking are just a few. That’s where we come in.
Found is building tools that give self-employed people the security and peace of mind that has historically only been possible at big corporations. We’re a business bank account that automates taxes and expense tracking, because we believe small business owners should spend more time doing what they love and less time on their business finances.
We’re looking for kind, resourceful, and passionate people to join us in building the safety net for self-employment.
What you’ll be working on
From our unique position as the central ledger, we use raw payment data to automatically assess bookkeeping categories and calculate deductions using our proprietary tax calculator. Our customers use Found for business banking and expense tracking, and are rewarded with accurate books and taxes—for free.
We truly embrace the role of full-stack developer, and our engineers work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to see projects from the idea stage through to production.
Day to day, you will:
- Collaborate with other engineers to build and ship both user and internal facing features.
- Decide how we will build, test, deploy, and scale features.
- Build secure and maintainable code.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- 3+ years of experience with backend and frontend frameworks.
- Passion for learning and growing as an engineer and team member.
You may also have:
- Some experience with at least some of the technologies we use
- Previous startup experience and/or demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- Experience or interest in financial services, accounting, and/or self-employment
- Experience as a manager, tech lead, architect, or founding engineer (not required - we are hiring at all levels!)
Found is built by a team that comes from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and we firmly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are crucial to our success. As we grow, we’re searching for passionate and motivated team members who are excited to bring their skill set to the team and are ready to learn from others.
If you are looking for a role where you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and great impact, we would love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits Of Found
- 401K, FSA, and Commuter Benefits: We offer all employees access to tax-efficient benefit options alongside competitive base compensation.
- Paid parental leave: Found supports employees through all stages of life, which is why new parents employed by Found qualify for 16 weeks of flexible parental leave.
- Health benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits and are always 100% covered for employees, 75% covered for dependents.
- Work anywhere: We have Found offices in both SF and Seattle, and for team members who work outside those cities, Found also supports fully remote working.
- Meaningful equity: Everyone on our team should feel and act like an owner, which is why Found offers industry-competitive equity to all of our employees.
- Flexible vacation policy: Vacations, appointments, mental health days- take the time you need, whenever you need to with our flexible time-off policy.
To learn more about our benefits or the team please go to Found.com/careers.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.