Senior Platform EngineerAt Forem
- Full Time
Posted on January 15th
- Deploy and manage multiple instances of our Ruby on Rails application
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Monitor and assess the overall health of our systems
- Troubleshoot/Debug priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Participate in our support coverage as needed
- Identify and drive opportunities to optimize performance across the entire stack (hardware, software, application, and network)
- Familiarity with our cloud hosting stack — especially some/all of AWS, Linux+systemd, and Ansible+Terraform for stack management
- Capable of maintaining and crafting monitoring practices across the entire infrastructure and organization
- Proficient and comfortable using a diverse set of monitoring tools for debugging and finding information
- Forward-thinking in identifying optimization and scaling problems before they occur
- Calm and and communicative during outages
- Understands the inner workings of our datastores and can use that knowledge to help make performance informed decisions.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum requirement
- Generous employee equity
- A remote-first, fully-distributed team that encourages schedule flexibility
- A monthly wellness stipend to keep you at your peak
- Free mental health services
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (U.S. only)
- An annual professional development budget to keep you learning and growing
- Office setup budget to make sure you have everything you need to work effectively wherever you are
- 401K (U.S. Only)
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.