Rails Core EngineerAt FLASH
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 23rd
FLASH is accelerating the emergence of the smart city by transforming the role parking assets play in the mobility landscape. We’re looking for software engineers to help us continue building our core systems..
As a core engineer, you’ll be working on building out scalable APIs and services, complex pricing models, transaction processing, and working with internal and external teams to digitize access to parking facilities and EV charging.
You will spend most of your time working on systems and APIs using Ruby and Rails, but some of the other tech you will use includes Go, Postgres, Redis, AWS (SQS, Dynamodb, EC2, ELB, RDS), Linux, Terraform, Chef and Docker.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages, our engineers help define the products that we build
- Shipping clean, tested code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed with
- Strong sense of ownership; proactively identify performance issues, squash bugs, upgrade dependencies and keep our development process efficient
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
Your typical day
- Attend the morning core team stand with folks from product management, engineering and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates throughout the organization
- Perform code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you'll be working with
- Our engineering team is 50 strong. As a member of the core team, you will be working with engineers and product managers from the web, iOS, Android, Recommendations Engine, and parking operating system teams. Your work will be both to support our core systems, as well as the new product development efforts of our web and mobile products.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.