Senior Software EngineerAt FiscalNote
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 11th
On our mission to connect people of the world to their governments, you will build and own complex, full-stack web app functionality in Ruby on Rails (Reactive Rails) while collaborating with other cross-functional R&D team members. This position will also mentor other engineers, provide technical guidance, perform code reviews, and deliver on projects end-to-end. You will be critical in guiding the trajectory of our flagship web application while developing new user-delighting experiences and improving upon existing functionality.
About the Team
Our team is driven to connect the people of the world to their governments. You will get the opportunity to work at a late-stage startup pushing the boundaries of open data transparency while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers, data scientists, designers, and product professionals to devise, nurture, and implement solutions to address continuously evolving and increasing client expectations and demands.
Driven. Bold. Thoughtful. Although proud of how far you’ve come in honing your craft, you look forward to growing in your technical and functional leadership abilities. Even more excited to share your skills and experiences, you thrive in collaborative environments in which continuously evolving and increasing client demands serve as the catalyst for bold results.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Build web application functionality in Ruby on Rails, particularly with a Reactive Rails paradigm
- Work across teams to ensure cohesion and collaboration across R&D functions (engineering, product, QA, data, etc.)
- Create experiences for end-users by applying your knowledge to deliver a world-class user experience
- Mentor other engineers on software development practices
What Sets You Apart:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the software development industry and with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of production environments (Unix, Bash, nginx, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience building successful working relationships with Product + UI/UX teams
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Architecture and production decision-making experience (preferred)
- Experience with Reactive Rails paradigm (preferred)
- Legacy Enterprise Application integration and/or migration experience (preferred)
- Experience with web security, writing secure code, or OWASP (preferred)
Considering US locations only for this position and time zone requirements may apply in order to address team and business needs.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.