Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses of any size close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role:
Our Development team is searching for Senior Back End Software Developers to join the Financeit team and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place.
We are looking for developers who value continuous learning and development, collaboration with the team, and of course the quality of their code. Often our toolset will change and grow depending on the nature of the business requirements and the problem being solved, and we encourage all of our developers to actively investigate new technologies and approaches to help us evolve our stack.
We are committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options.
Responsibilities for a Software Developer will include:
- Designing and writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Mentoring team members and modeling clean coding practices
- Working closely with other team members to understand and gather requirements
- Making architectural design decisions as part of a mixed skill team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in Ruby development, such as Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Redis, SQL, or other similar persistence technologies
- Knowledge of refactoring techniques for working with legacy code
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Experience creating or improving continuous delivery pipelines
Optional skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with Ember or similar front end frameworks
- Knowledge of architectural patterns
- API design experience
- Domain modeling (DDD) or other product skills
- Any other evidence of cross-functional work experience
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options, as well as a hybrid working allowance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account.
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all FIT team members. We firmly believe that our work isn't at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.