is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions – a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
The Senior Software Engineer, Demand API will work as part of our Demand API team, responsible for building APIs for foundational ezCater marketplace capabilities like menu display, cart, order placement, and checkout.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, and maintain core GraphQL APIs that allow ezCater products access to core business capabilities - menu display, cart, order placement, and so forth
- Establish and improve best practices around GraphQL API design and operation at ezCater
- Improve the performance of our APIs globally - with clever query planning, caching systems, and maybe even the odd ORM or database improvement
- Help raise the technical skills for our backend engineers through cross-squad initiatives, presentations, and shared documentation
- Work closely with product and design to ensure we build the right things the right way,
What You Have:
- A strong understanding of API development practices and experience with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL APIs
- A platform mindset - you enjoy working on systems that improve development stories for other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation
- A strong appetite for learning, and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our platform better
- An appreciation for the craft of coding, with opinions derived from this appreciation
- A friendly, flexible and pragmatic disposition
- 4+ years of professional development experience
Additionally, a few nice-to-haves are:
- An understanding of CI / CD and various ways of releasing nodejs software
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better
- A grasp of the fundamentals of event streaming and pub/sub architectures
- A distributed systems mindset, and experience working with both service oriented architectures and monolithic applications
The national cash compensation range for this role is $143,000 - $184,000* per year
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.