Senior Software Engineer- Ruby on RailsAt Exact Payments LLC
- Full Time
Posted on May 13th
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software components in Ruby and other major backend development languages such as Go, NodeJS/Typescript
- Build and integrate data storage solutions that may include databases, key-value stores, cloud-based object stores, etc.
- Develop APIs and other interfaces to enable integration of UI applications with backend services
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation of software development process using agile, modern approaches
- Document the details of engineering systems in the form of clean architecture diagrams, design decisions, etc. for sharing and knowledge transfer within the organization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque and frameworks such as Sidekiq for managing Ruby background worker jobs
- Solid understanding of and demonstrable experience in object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass
- Deep understanding of the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Proficiency in using fundamental design principles and patterns for building scalable and resilient applications
- Experience in creating database schemas that represent and support business requirements and manage the schema versions efficiently through the product life cycle
- Passionate about Test-Driven development (TDD) and experience in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Comfortable working knowledge of code versioning tools, particularly GIT
- Familiarity with development aiding tools Rake
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery model for software
- B.S degree in computer science, computer engineering, or any related field
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.
Help us maintain and improve the quality of Ruby Job Board
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!