Senior Backend Engineer I (Remote)At Everlywell
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 20th
Everly Health’s mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, offering at-home tests to consumers, Everly Health Solutions, offering complete solutions for diagnostics-driven virtual care at scale, Natalist, offering fertility and pregnancy essentials, and Everly Diagnostics, our CLIA certified and CAP accredited laboratory network.
We’ve created a new kind of healthcare experience that’s centered around people. Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that’s composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions enable world-class virtual care through rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science, in order to tackle some of healthcare's biggest problems.
We are hiring a Backend Engineer to expand our enterprise partnerships and support our fulfillment and results rails applications. You will build high quality, maintainable software that will grow with the company as we enter an exciting high-growth period for the company.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you will work on a cross-functional, scrum team in the engineering department. You will help to deliver new features and products to our users and partners on a sprint by sprint basis and help promote a culture of engineering excellence. You will own your code every step of the way as you plan, develop, test, deploy, and monitor your code in production as we strive to become one of the best engineering teams in Austin.
We are in high growth, startup mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about building scalable, maintainable, and quality software in a short amount of time while also looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow as an individual then Everly Health is the place for you.
What You'll Do:
- Build new software to support our expanding partnerships and user facing features
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor your code through all states of the software development lifecycle
- Drive value at every step of the way for the company
- Continually think of and implement new ways to automate manual processes across our team and company
- Work with engineers across the team to determine best practices and share domain knowledge
- Willingly jump in and handle any task that needs handling!
Who You Are:
- 4+ years Software Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Rails (2+ years) or proficient in Python (2+ years)
- Experience with React a plus
- Passion for building software quickly and driving value
- Proficient in writing automated tests while building features
- Experience with devops pipelines a plus: jenkins, aws codebuild, docker, etc
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.