Lead Software Engineer (Back End)At Entera
- Full Time
Posted on November 10th
- Develop new backend services in Ruby - strong Ruby expertise required
- Create backend features out of machine learning APIs
- Provide support to core Rails platform/APIs
- Contribute to TDD efforts and ensure near-complete code coverage in our automated test suite
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code
- Participate in code reviews
- Create detailed API documentation that may be internal or external facing
- Partner with cross functional teams in Marketing, Product, Engineering, and across all business functions to ensure design specs are being met
- Help squash bugs and deliver on fixes
- Contribute to the Entera architecture
- Work diligently and successfully in team sprints
- Degree in BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- Deep expertise in Ruby and Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- 6+ years experience in Engineering at product-driven tech companies
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with internal and external professionals
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to work well in a high-intensity environment to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of software architecture practices
- Working knowledge of frontend requirements
- Agile development experience
*For those applicants in the NYC area, the salary range for this role is a maximum total compensation of $250,000 including an annual bonus. The salary offered will be based on experience, role, and location.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.