Staff Engineer (Ruby on Rails)At Dribbble
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on August 3rd
Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We're empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative's journey; whether that's freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods on our marketplace, or being hired by some of the world's leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble - you get to do both, as part of a highly collaborative team, working on one of the world's top 1000 websites.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across North America (Canada & the US). We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
We're looking for a Staff Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to join our team of engineers who create and maintain THE go-to resource for designers and creative talent around the globe. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail.
As a Staff Engineer, you’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals to ship the best possible product while having a lot of ownership over your projects. You’ll have collaboration tools to do your job well and a supportive environment that knows how to be at its best when fully distributed.
Our tech stack:
- Dribbble runs its backend primarily in Ruby on Rails as a majestic monolith with a focus on clarity, maintainability and a solid test suite.
- We use PostgreSQL for application data, with a dash of Redis and Elasticsearch.
- A rich set of tools support our engineering and platform with immediate feedback on our efforts, like performance tracking, error reporting, event tracking, automated tests of every commit, and uptime & platform health tracking.
We're looking for:
- A pro with Ruby on Rails. You'll be working on the backend of the application, so you know your way around Ruby on Rails, backend performance, and application architecture.
- Engineering mentorship experience. You have some experience supporting other engineers in their skills growth.
- Stellar people, persuasion, and presentation skills; you can communicate written and verbally with clarity and precision.
- A self starter. We're not big on micromanaging around here, so you're comfortable managing your own time, working independently, while knowing when to ask for help.
- A problem solver. Working at the scale that we do, we need an engineer who loves working with their team to determine smart solutions for our users.
- A solid teammate. Whether it be in code reviews, pair programming or just chatting with your colleagues, the desire to help your team be better and stronger is a driving factor at Dribbble.
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Paid volunteer days: for you to spend giving back to non profits/organizations that are important to you.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Save up: put pre-tax savings into a 401k/RRSP - we’ll match a portion of your contributions.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.