Full Stack EngineerAt Dorsata
- Full Time
Posted on November 8th
- …you’re a software craftsperson with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality — there’s a lot of thoughtful, nuanced, nitty gritty work to get done.
- … you have “X years of experience” Pshaw. We aren’t big on formal requirements in the credentials department; rather, we want to hear of see what you’ve worked on. Tell us about a project you’re proud of that you shipped, and we’ll start the conversation from there. But let’s not kid ourselves — you should absolutely come without training wheels (though streamers on your bike might be cool).
- …you are able to design, architect, and implement solutions that reflect your particular problem-solving approach. At the same time, you can articulate and discuss your rationale while working with others on the team to refine and improve the final approach.
- … you have solid Ruby on Rails development chops. Or, because you love software development in general, you’re not worried about picking it up because you have other back-end experience that translates.
- … you have an admirable understanding of the principles behind a good* RESTful API design. (*But also know enough to not let perfect get in the way of the good)
- … you’re comfortable/knowledgeable with git. CI experience is a bonus, but not required.
- … you’ve worked at startups before or have always been looking for an excuse to.
- … you work well in a loosely structured PM/Managerial environment (we’re agile with a “little a”)
- An intro call to help you learn more about the role, for us to hear more about you, and to help the two of us decide if Dorsata is a mutual fit.
- If we move forward, a second call with another member of the team to get another take and answer any questions you thought of after that first call.
- At no point is laughing at the VP of Engineering’s jokes a requirement (or we would hire nobody, ever).
- Last step in the hiring process: We’re small, so we also like to have people talk to our CEO.
To start: email careers U+0040 dorsata.com.
- Health insurance (100% covered for the employee!)
- Dental insurance
- Market salary + equity participation opportunity
- We are remote first, though we may soon have some space in Charlottesville, VA. If you like, go for an occasional stints in Antarctica, though we operate on the East Coast timezone and (post-pandemic) try to get together from time to time. Also, Antartica is cold. Maybe don’t do that.
- Fun, friendly & delightfully BS-free work environment
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.