Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (remote, US and Canada)At Dooly
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on July 24th
At Dooly, we create human experiences for work.
Revenue teams at top Cloud 100 companies like Asana and Intercom use Dooly to capture and amplify the outcomes of their meetings. Our SaaS platform empowers teams and lets them get back to doing their best, high-value work by eliminating cumbersome busywork and makes it effortless to share information with people and systems that need to know. Because we build Dooly with the end-user in mind, users tell us they couldn’t live without it.
With our recently announced Series B funding, this is an opportunity to join the Dooligans and make your mark as we invest in our team and build the next generation of our product.
But that only tells you what we do – not who we are.
What’s a Dooligan, you ask?
Well, it starts with good humans.
Humans who care – about their colleagues, their community, and Dooly users. Humans who strive to doolight the world as we win. Together.
Dooly is a team that’s committed to growth, to having each other’s backs, and to prioritizing health, happiness, and family in all we do. We’re a remote-first company with a team spread across North America and a small head office in Vancouver.
Our Product Engineering squads are cross-functional and responsible for the end-to-end SDLC in order to meet their objectives. Our squads include a product manager, designer, and engineers whose skills cover the full range of our tech stack.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll work closely with your squad on a wide-variety of work aimed to delight users with new features and system enhancements. You’ll quickly take ownership of solving problems and driving solutions to completion. You’ll be a significant contributor to the technical decisions being made and will positively impact the broader engineering org through your knowledge and example.
As our new Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you'll be
- Taking on technical lead responsibilities; leveraging your technical expertise and user empathy to collaborate on the scope and delivery of projects with PM and Design during the full SDLC to deliver maintainable and scalable solutions.
- A well-rounded coder with strong fundamental knowledge who is proficient across our tech stack.
- Providing technical mentorship to engineers more junior to you.
- Advocating and driving adoption for new and better ways to develop our software.
- Helping your squad, and the broader engineering org, continuously improve through your feedback and suggestions.
- A strong communicator and active listener.
Challenges you'll solve
- Creating a best-in-class note-taking experience.
- Creating a collaborative workspace for revenue teams.
- Improving performance across the stack to ensure a great user experience.
- Helping teams make better product decisions by improving our analytics.
- Suggesting ways to Product that engineering can improve the Dooly experience.
Our tech stack (we don't expect you to know all of this coming in!)
- React/Redux/TypeScript SPA with Tachyons for styling.
- Ruby/Rails & Node.js services with Postgres DB.
- Docker & Kubernetes deployed to Google Cloud.
- We’re also building a Chrome extension & Electron desktop application.
Our product principles
- Problem solvers, not feature builders. Our craft – research, design, development, etc – is a means to an end and not the end itself. We use these tools and expertise to solve problems for our users and deliver the most value to them as fast as possible.
- Think big, think long-term. We work incrementally toward a bigger, longer-term vision. We take big swings aiming to have the biggest impact.
- Better every day. We adopt a philosophy of continuous improvement. This means we prioritize giving and receiving feedback, retrospecting as a team, and surfacing data to help inform our decisions.
- Speed wins. Speed matters — a lot. We bias for action. We take (calculated) risks and would rather fail or change course than over-analyze every decision. We value simplicity and staying nimble.
We'd be "doolighted" if you have
- At least 8+ years of experience developing web applications.
- Experience working across the stack, with proficiency in at least one aspect of our tech stack.
- Experience owning important technical and process decisions.
- Experience improving system architecture, engineering processes and the performance of your peers.
What you can expect from us
- Commitment to your growth and success. In a small team, there are unlimited ways to contribute. We’ll help you explore new ideas, grow in the way you want, and uncover your best.
- Wellness is more than just a checkbox. We know work and life co-exist (we’re people too!). Of course, we have health and dental benefit programs, but beyond that, we shape our work culture to prioritize health, happiness, and family.
- A voice in our future direction. We’re still small and connected intimately with our users. Your work has an outsized impact on the company, our customers, and where we’re going.
- People who are actually fun to work with. This is a team with deep empathy for one another, where we always have your back, and where we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Seriously.
What we offer
- Flexibility. We’re a remote-first company with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance.
- Ownership. Full-time Dooligans receive employee stock options as part of their total compensation package.
- R&R. Dooligans get unlimited sick days and 3 weeks paid vacation. We also close for a paid winter holiday break for the week between Christmas and New Year (so ~4 weeks in total).
- Benefits. Full-time Dooligans get medical and dental benefits in the US or Canada.
- Family time. We offer paid parental leave programs for new parents, either as a result of birth or adoption.
- Growth. Level up with a $1650 USD training and development fund that you can use for conferences, memberships, or other learning opportunities.
- Sweet digs. A $500 PB&J fund (Personal Betterment and Joy fund) to set up your home office – though if you want to use it on peanut butter and jelly you can ;).
- Good eats. Treat yourself to a nice lunch every Wednesday for our WTF (lunch and learn) sessions.
We encourage you to apply
We value the differences of our team members, and we encourage everyone to apply - especially those whose identities are underrepresented in tech. We know that the more diverse the perspectives, experiences, and talent of our Dooligans, the better we’ll be. We respect and celebrate how you identify, who you do or don’t worship, your pronouns, the color of your skin, your age (on paper and at heart), your sexual orientation, your culture and background, and if you have a disability or are a veteran. If you require accommodations in the hiring process please reach out to email@example.com.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.