Senior Backend EngineerAt Demandwell
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on August 6th
Demandwell is hiring key team members for our B2B SaaS startup in Indianapolis & remotely. We’re one of High Alpha’s latest companies, which is still pre-series-A in funding. You’ll work closely with the early, founding team, while reporting directly to the Director of Engineering. If you’ve ever been interested in helping an early-stage engineering team grow and ship product that matters, this is it!
We’re seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help accelerate our product roadmap delivery & support the growth of other engineers on our team. The ideal team-mate is experienced in Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and can work with our design & other engineering team members to ideate, plan, and deliver an experience that helps our customers (B2B SaaS Marketers) reach their SEO goals.
This position will work as part of our small, diverse, early-stage, remote-friendly team of engineers & designers. As a team, you’ll help shape the scope of new features and experiences, execute on build & delivery of our roadmap, and maintain & update existing features to improve our customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Ship product by working in and on our tech stack: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Heroku, Redis, Sidekiq
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to deliver on our product roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Consulting & Sales teams to implement feedback and guide our platform’s user experience
- Build a set of experiences that helps marketers grow revenue by managing and coaching the executing on SEO and conversion rate optimization strategies.
- Review, debug, and resolve complex problems with real-time applications.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers to help them problem solve, grow as software developers, and advance their careers.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience developing software in a production SaaS environment.
- Expertise in Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
- Thorough understanding of web architectures and technologies (HTTP, REST).
- Experience with cloud development tools like Heroku, Github, JIRA, AWS.
- A vibrant passion for coding and creating intuitive user experiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with a small, early-stage team.
- A track record of hard work, meeting deadlines, and exceeding job expectations.
- A passion for helping others learn their trade and improve their career opportunities.
Our Mission: We help others grow.
Our Customers | Our Team | Our neighbors
- Lead with Learning - We help others grow by leading them to new learnings.
- Achieve with Action - We help others grow by relentlessly pursuing our customers’ desired outcomes.
Connect with Commitment - We help others grow by reaching out to discover new ways to share success.
Base Salary Range: $115,000 - $130,000
Demandwell is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.