Senior Rails DeveloperAt Cultivate Labs
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 19th
If crowdsourcing can be used to alert drivers to traffic delays as soon as they happen (Waze), help you pick a restaurant for dinner (Yelp), and launch and finance new companies (Crowdfunding), consider the power of crowdsourcing for making predictions.
For the last 7 years, organizations as varied as the U.S. and European Intelligence Communities, global investment banks, biopharmaceutical companies, and large manufacturers have used Cultivate Labs technology solutions to tap the collective intelligence of their employees, partners, and external ecosystems to make predictions they then use to guide key strategic and operational decisions.
We’re growing as a company and are looking to hire a new Senior Rails developer to join the team. Here’s more about the role:
Senior Rails Developer
This role will touch all aspects of our development and delivery process, from new feature development on our products, to working with clients on specific requested customizations, to data analysis, to bug fixes. On a day to day basis, you will:
- Write code
- Help manage our technical infrastructure
- Work with clients and our team to define application requirements
- Perform data analysis
- Contribute thinking/perspective on product and company strategy
- 5 years+ building commercial software
- 5 years+ formal development with Rails
- Experience building APIs / Services
- Experience operating cloud-hosted software, AWS is ideal
- Github, Docker
- A competitive salary;
- Participation in our profit sharing plan;
- Health care plan;
- 401k with 4% match and end-of-year plus up plan;
- Annual workstation and technology budget;
- Annual training / conference budget;
- Maternity and paternity leave;
- Liberal vacation policy
We are currently fully remote and are located in Chicago, Washington, DC, Denver, Cincinnati, and New York City. We have no plans to return to an office.
For this role, you must be located in the Washington, DC area and may need to visit a Government, FFRDC, or UARC facility from time to time.
Because our software is used in classified settings in the U.S. Government, all engineering employees must be U.S. Citizens.
Our Hiring Process
We want to be as transparent as possible with our hiring process. Here’s how we’ll interact with you:
- Step 1: Send us an email with your resume, link(s) to any public projects, and/or Github account;
- Step 2: If we are interested in following up, we will respond within 3 days to schedule a telephone background interview to tell you more about the company and ask you general questions about your experience;
- Step 3: We will invite you to a remote session to pair program, and a second session to meet one of our non-developers to chat about the company and allow you to ask questions about their experience working here;
- Step 4: We will ask for references and conduct a background check;
- Step 5: We will extend you an offer letter. If you accept in principle, we will prepare a formal employee agreement to sign
- Step 6: We celebrate your arrival
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.