Senior Software EngineerAt CoStar Group
- Full Time
Posted on July 26th
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Development of website and software using the above-mentioned technologies.
- Building applications with innovative use of open source software.
- Best-practice software engineering for performance, maintainability, and stability.
- Design and development of AJAX components.
- Competence with Git or similar version control system and experience with SDLC.
- Ability to move back and forth between detailed collaboration or independent engineering work.
- Bachelor’s Degree completed
- 4+ years of experience using a language such as C#, Ruby on Rails, Python, or PHP.
- Competence on a Linux development stack.
- Experience using cloud components / Amazon EC2.
- Demonstrated competence with SQL.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem solving.
- High-level proficiency in web applications development.
- Ability to visualize and explain complex ideas and build agreement around those ideas with an experienced technical team.
- Strong knowledge of technical ecosystems & architecture (dev-ops, caching strategies, networking, performance optimization, network topologies, load balancing, SDLC practices)
- WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
- Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent)
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.