We are currently seeking a Staff Software Developer
to join our rapidly growing engineering team
. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact.
What your team does:
We at Clio have an amazing team that is on a mission to transform the legal experience for all, and our engineering team’s goal is to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. To enable our engineers to build the best product they can, our development team has to build the best possible product that is performant, reliable, scalable, and beautiful.
A day in the life might look like:
- Acting as a technical stakeholder for multiple projects within your area of focus;
- Partnering with development managers in defining the technical roadmap for an area;
- Identifying and resolving technical big rocks that unblocks product opportunities;
- Writing high quality and well-tested code;
- Collaborating with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Recognizing when the simple solution is the right one;
- Simplifying coding patterns, interfaces, and abstractions to make them more approachable;
- Using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Reviewing and providing feedback on a peer's code, both from within your own team or across all of Clio. Thrive as #TeamClio;
- Teaching and learning from those around you - providing constructive feedback to those around you, and taking on feedback to help grow.
What you may have:
- Experience in software development, specifically with building web applications at scale and Ruby on Rails;
- The ability to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers;
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects); and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
Don’t have all of those?
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion
. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
At Clio, we are on a mission
to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.