Senior Software EngineerAt Cigna
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 19th
The Senior Software Engineer is an exciting opportunity to work on a high volume and high performing platform. You will work alongside other Engineers and Sr. Engineers to help develop new features and fix current features and bugs. You will act as a mentor and guide for more junior team members. You will have the chance to have hands on experience developing software that is making healthcare more accessible and efficient.
- Communicate company goals and deadlines to team.
- Motivate team members and assesses performance.
- Provide help to management, including hiring and training, and keep management updated on team performance.
- Translate requirements created by product owners into the architecture for that solution.
- Craft project solutions on the server or client side.
- Develop project solutions both independently and paired with other developers.
- Take ownership of the code that you ship.
- Write new features with high quality tests.
- Fearlessly dive into legacy code and refactor it.
- Conduct regular code reviews to improve code quality, design, and tests.
- Attend weekly Retrospective meetings to discuss solutions to technical and process challenges.
- Collaborate with Product Owners on defining User Stories for team.
- Promote culture of Agile Software Development including learning and sharing industry best practices among the team.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and open-source alternatives.
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Contribute to team meetings and offer system improvements and solutions.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update industry knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and promoting such activities among team.
- Explore new opportunities to add value to product and process and present to the team.
- Conducts training sessions for Junior team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years developing with Ruby on Rails, completing 2 or more applications in Rails 3.2 or higher.
- Strong experience of Agile Methodologies.
- Strong experience of Test-driven development and behavior driven development.
- Strong experience of Software version control (Git).
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication.
- RSpec and Capybara experience.
- Rails 3.x and 4.x experience.
- Intermediate CSS skills, no designing needed.
- A solid understanding of design patterns.
- Capistrano for deployments.
- Database design and SQL experience.
- SQL and Linux command line.
This role is Flex/WFH which allows most work to be performed at home or on occasion at a Cigna office location. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 if they choose to come onsite.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $110,300 - $183,800, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we’ll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the “Life at Cigna” tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careers
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.