Senior Software DeveloperAt Chime
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 21st
The Banking Services and Financial Health team is responsible for building the next generation mobile banking experience that will continue to differentiate Chime from our competition. We are striving to create an experience and product offering that engages our users and gives them a streamlined and informative view of their primary banking interactions and financial health. This team works very closely with the mobile team to solve cross-functional problems together and creates APIs that enable a top notch mobile experience to be built on. Aside from the APIs the mobile team will consume, this team will also own new services that drive our Banking Experience and Financial Health products.
Chime is looking for an engineer eager to grow expertise in building technology that powers our mobile app. This position will span a large range of the tech stack from new API architecture and design for mobile client consumption, to the execution of new microservices that power relevant domains.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design and implement APIs working closely with the mobile team to ship product efficiently
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
To thrive in this role, you have
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable languages and frameworks
- Experience using GraphQL is a huge plus
- Minimum of 6 years developing software in a production environment at scale
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and web best practices
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications
- Start-up experience is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ RRSP match plus extended health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime Financial Canada, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Canadian federal and provincial law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.