Senior Software EngineerAt Casper
- Full Time
Posted on June 22nd
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Engineer to join Casper’s Fulfilment team as we continue building the Fulfilment Engine.
As a Senior Engineer, you will support the evolution of our Fulfilment Engine and its Intelligence capabilities, you will get the opportunity to work on highly scalable, innovative initiatives that directly impact the customer experience. You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development cycle including scoping, design, implementation, testing & delivery of your product.
We value teamwork, excitement, and inclusive communication skills. You are someone who enjoys working on scalable systems, has a customer-centric mindset, and feels strongly about building automated systems with minimal human intervention. You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders. You will have a strong sense of ownership and a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Collaborate with business to understand what brings value to the company and how that translates into Tactical solutions.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders, understand the complete end-to-end workflow, be able to suggest improvements and innovative ideas that bring value to the business.
- Collaborate with other development teams, both upstream and downstream to work on the commerce workflow.
- Own the workflows in the fulfillment platform and be a key contributor in the fulfillment vertical.
- Drive Iterative improvements to existing workflow and process targeting better efficiencies, automation, and scalability.
- Be accountable for the work done and be able to take the accountability for the work done under your leadership.
- Be accountable for Operational/productional issue pipeline, making sure that operations are BAU and condensing the root cause to arrive at long term solutions.
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Architecting, designing, and coding in Ruby on Rails. Experience in other Enterprise technologies like Java or .net additionally is considered a plus.
- A sound understanding and experience of asynchronous communication using Message Queues preferably.
- Experience with Various Integration technologies and protocols including but not limited to Restful services. Integration platforms like Mulesoft are a plus.
- Collaborative, independent-thinking, and detail-oriented in how you approach projects.
- Understanding and appreciation of the business context that drives the need for enterprise solutions and a passion for working on projects to support those efforts.
- Experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions.
- Understanding at the Macro level and Implementation at the Micro-level is considered a key characteristic.
- A level of comfort in an agile environment and being able to create an order from ambiguity.
- An ability to Navigate ambiguity by coordinating with Stakeholders and arriving at a concrete problem statement/solution.
- Ecom and retail Experience is a plus.
The syrup on your waffles
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works), and a potential bonus for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
- Generous Parental Leave.
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.