We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Core team. On the Core team, we solve complex and interesting problems by building robust, scalable shared services used by our other engineering teams, helping them build things faster! Core is working on exciting, new development and technologies including an account management system, a user management system and a SSO migration. Our team thrives in an environment built on collaboration, trust and hard work. We look for people who are smart, fun, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and want to work in a fast paced environment. If this sounds like a good fit for you, let’s talk!
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Successfully collaborate with other engineering groups and product managers at Brightcove.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- 5 years of back-end software engineering experience in Java.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or other RDMS.
- Experience with REST and API design.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience developing, deploying and supporting scalable back-end services.
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for services is a plus.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements to work in our brand new Guadalajara office located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.