Full Stack Software Engineer (React/Ruby on Rails)At Boulder Heavy Industries
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 6th
Boulder Heavy Industries (BHI) is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer (React/Ruby on Rails) to join our team. The role is focused on an exciting opportunity in content moderation technology that supports social networks and public feeds. Your role will have a direct impact on enabling positive social postings for their users while lessening harmful content and negativity. You will contribute to our continued success and help pave the way towards technologies in machine learning and AI. Your work will be seen across major platforms and by well-known brands.
You will be joining a talented team who likes to have fun but takes their engineering work seriously. You don’t need to be the best full-stack developer in the industry. Your experience, adaptability and willingness to learn will be rewarded with great culture and a team that respects your hard work. We are looking for a talented and professional developer, bring it.
Remote Role: If you do not live in our beautiful state of Colorado, we are open to remote candidates in most states.
The ideal candidate
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Minimum 2 years proven experience with React
- Experience with React Native
- Familiarity with agile software development and coding sprints
- Working knowledge of Postgres databases
- Knowledge of best practices with UI/UX
- Ability to be flexible, learn new libraries, refactor existing code and dive into new areas of the codebase
A Day in the Life
- You’ll have focus time during the day to sink your mind into your coding work.
- You’ll spend some time reviewing React or Ruby code to assess key areas of business logic.
- You’ll attend a stand-up meeting to provide updates and inform of any blockers that may disrupt your work.
- You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers, brainstorm ideas and check-in with senior management.
Here's what you need to get our attention
- You enjoy challenging work – great software is not easy.
- You have an approachable yet professional personality, you communicate well and can articulate a point within a complex issue.
- You have business sense; and you understand how and why it influences your code.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree – or equivalent work experience: If you have a four-year degree, that’s great; we care more about your past experience and ability to do the job, so please apply even if you don’t have a degree.
Here's what will make us call you for sure, but you don’t need all of these
- Familiarity or working knowledge with major social network API’s such as Facebook / Instagram Graph API, Twitter API, YouTube API and/or TikTok Marketing API.
- Big plus for experience with React Native
- Experience with libraries such as Sass, Lodash
- Experience with Storybook and/or Netlify
- Experience with GraphQL and/or, Apollo
- Experience with Ruby’s Koala library
- Experience with Material UI and/or Highcharts
- Experience with Expo and/or MobX
- Experience with Material Kit & Style Components
Here is why you'll want to be part of our team
We aren't just in the most beautiful city in the world (in our humble opinion), but a place where fun isn’t a 4-letter word:
- We have top-notch engineering culture with team members who have your back!
- 100% Remote or you may come into our beautiful offices if you’re near Boulder, CO
- Time off is as important as hard work! Salaried employees are on a Flex PTO plan and hourly employees receive a standard 15 days of PTO, with increasing accruals the longer they stay with us
- Generous holidays including a reduced schedule between Christmas and New Years
- We make sure our team is well cared for with strong health plans - We even cover our employees' dental and vision premiums!
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
- Matching traditional and Roth 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental leave: self-care and family first!
- 4 week paid sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance and more!
Salary range: $100-$125K DOE
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. BHI LLC is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
Salary range: $100-$125K DOE
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.