Full-Stack DeveloperAt BookJane
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on May 14th
- Work with Technical leaders to deliver large distributed projects.
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Ruby/Rails and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, systems in a microservices architecture.
- Own and operate the systems that you build
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a senior member of the team
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with web-based technologies on ReactJS and Ruby on Rails
- Full understanding of web development languages and technologies such as TypeScript, GraphQL, NodeJS
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- RESTful API design and architecture.
- Expertise in various software development methodologies, DevOPS, and development tools (GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for Test Driven Development.
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience.
- Proven ability to prototype, ask for feedback, incorporate usage metrics, and iterate quickly.
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop etc) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities.
- Experience working across teams to deliver highly complex systems at every level.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through contributions.
- Effectively communicates and builds solid working relationship with team members, stakeholders and business partners.
- Self-motivated with the desire to continually acquire information and develop new skills to enhance job performance.
- Proactive, continuously seeking innovative solutions and process improvements.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux
- AWS - Amazon Web Services and RDS Database
- Experience developing mobile apps, native or hybrid including React Native
- Android or iOS development experience
- Experience with NodeJS
- Building and maintaining a highly scalable SaaS platform
- Ranked #14 on Deloitte Fast 50 and #4 on Linkedin’s Top-10 Canadian Startups of 2020.
- 2021 Great Place to Work Certified.
- Remote-first company with fun and engaging monthly social activities. Just because we can’t all be at the office together doesn’t mean we can’t have some virtual fun!
- We’re a fast growing startup in Toronto revolutionizing how staffing is done in the healthcare industry across North America - come join us and be a part of this mission!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.
Help us maintain and improve the quality of Ruby Job Board
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!