Bonobos is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited to work on a team of Engineers, a Product Manager, and a UX Designer, who together help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the largest born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011 and have since expanded to 52 locations across the country (and growing!). Our customers are fanatical about our high-quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
Our team is a scrappy group of 20 engineers who are responsible for a 9-figure business that is growing 40% year over year. We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed, and have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day. You will also:
- Work on a cross-functional team composed of Engineers (frontend, backend, full stack and iOS), a Product Manager and a UX Designer
- Work on our production applications – our backend is a Ruby on Rails application, our frontend a Node application (with React/Redux), both running on Heroku. We also use Redis, Sidekiq and Elastic
- Build out new and improve existing API endpoints that power our consumer-facing website, our admin and our iOS application
- Deploy code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Have at least 5+ years of engineering experience
- Have seen what works well (and what doesn’t work well) in codebases
- Are proficient in at least one server language
- Enjoy being part of small team composed of UX designers, project managers, frontend/backend/iOS/full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you and be mentored
- Are a collaborative & close-knit NYC-based team
- Take pride in our work and share responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Offer top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun both in and out of the office
- Value honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field