Senior Software EngineerAt Blue Lava, Inc.
- Full Time
Posted on November 24th
- Collaborative, learning-focused culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Remote-only engineering organization (this is a remote, work from home position)
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage applications to support the needs of the team and our customers
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from design to launch
- Write tests for the software you write to ensure we deliver a scalable and reliable product
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience developing software
- Professional experience in Ruby on Rails is preferred
- In lieu of Ruby on Rails experience, a background in other relevant frameworks such as Django, NodeJS, Phoenix Framework, or Laravel is required
- Experience interacting with relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience designing and developing applications that expose or integrate with RESTful APIs
- Ability to analyze and breakdown complex problems and come up with inventive, elegant solutions
- Previous experience in an Agile, DevOps environment
- Experience building and deploying applications in AWS or another cloud environment
- Experience in building enterprise applications
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React.js, Ember.js, etc.
- Building visualizations in D3, ChartJS, or a similar visualization library
- Background knowledge in security topics such as OWASP Top 10
- Initial call with our People team (Phone - 30 minutes)
- Call with the hiring manager (Phone - 45 minutes)
- Technical interview with 2 engineers on the team (Video conference - 90 minutes)
- Meeting with Product (Video conference - 30 minutes)
- Meeting with CEO (Video conference - 30 minutes)
So what's in it for you? If you join the Lava you'll:
- Be in a position to make a big difference in our company, for our customers, and in the cybersecurity community all while challenging yourself and growing your career
- Unlimited paid time off and a ton of paid holidays - 4 day weekends for Monday holidays and a Winter Holiday break at the end of the year
- Wide variety of options for medical, dental and vision insurance programs - Blue Lava covers 80% of the premium
- Company sponsored life, short term and long term disability insurance programs
- Paid parental leave
- Training stipend and employee-driven individual development plans
- Retirement savings program
We hope this overview gives you a good understanding of what the role and Blue Lava are all about. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach our People team at email@example.com.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.