Sr. Full Stack Engineer, GovernmentAt BetterUp
- Full Time
Posted on November 14th
- Product Engineer: Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with a SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner: Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Operational Maintainer: Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Heroku) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
- Security Focus: Apply security principles throughout to harden existing systems. Build expertise in NIST controls to influence the platform, infrastructure, and how we test and deploy new features.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- Alignment with BetterUp’s mission of enabling self-driven behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
- Experience with modifying software to comply with standards and regulations (ISO 27001, PCI, NIST, HIPAA, FedRAMP)
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.