Web Engineer - Remote (contract)At Bespoke Post
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 3rd
Bespoke Post is a lifestyle brand dedicated to helping our members discover under-the-radar Goods and Guidance that enrich their day to day experiences. Through our innovative subscription commerce & e-commerce platform, we combine lifestyle goods with immersive content to ignite curiosity and confidence in our customers. Working with Bespoke Post means being part of a smart, collaborative, and nimble team, and being able to have an immediate impact on a growing company.
We're looking for a true full-stack web engineer to join our tight-knit and fully remote engineering team.
You'll be solving all kinds of technical challenges. Some are front-end, some are back-end, some are analytic, and all of them will have major impacts on the business. You'll help them scale our in-house e-commerce platform (that was built using Ruby on Rails), launch A/B tests to optimize the user experience, build internal tools to support our ever-expanding team, and create thoroughly cool new customer-facing features as we explore new business areas. We're looking for someone who's eager and ready to hone their skills while learning a few new things too. And because we are a small, but successful company, you'll play a big part in all our efforts while reaching a wide and enthusiastic audience.
- Bring new features from planning stages to production-ready, carefully tested code
- Build scalability into everything you do
- Help improve and expand our mobile-web experience
- Create new front-end features that make the site more responsive and engaging for customers
- Collaborate closely with rest of the product team: defining new features, reviewing code, discussing how we can make improvements to our site and processes
The ideal candidate...
- Has 3+ years of Ruby experience
- Knows when to make a quick fix, and when to start from scratch
- Values code quality and knows that doing things right is faster than doing things twice
- Is able to work in a window that includes 10:00am-5:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive pay in US dollars
- Company holidays
- Paid time off
- Health insurance stipend
- Virtual learning, social, and wellness team events
We are proud to uphold an environment free of discrimination. Bespoke Post is an equal opportunity workplace and we recognize that our success is dependent on having an inclusive, collaborative team that is as diverse as, if not more than, the products we ship.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.