Senior Ruby Engineer - Tech LeadAt Backstage
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on September 15th
What You'll Do:
- Lead feature development, including assigning work, providing feedback, managing expectations, and facilitating communication
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Collaborate with designers and product developers to conceptualize and build new features end-to-end
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
- Establish processes to ensure maintainability of new code; upgrade old code to new standards via refactor and replacement
- Continuously monitor and improve our existing solutions to optimize performance and provide a seamless user experience
- Integrate high levels of automated test coverage into workflows
- Investigate and implement new web development technologies and best practices, as applicable
- Plan, develop, upgrade, and maintain current and future infrastructure and frameworks
What We're Looking for From You:
- Mastery of Ruby on Rails; advanced proficiency writing and updating well-architected, readable code that the development team can easily maintain
- Demonstrated prior experience leading feature development (delegating, code reviews, overseeing projects to completion) and shipping software in a professional team setting
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming & server-side templating languages
- Experience managing Linux servers from “fresh install” to “running production stable”; comfortable using command-line tools
- Ability to implement automated testing into your code
- Competency with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Skilled in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong project management skills; able to organize, adhere to process, and execute projects across disciplines and by deadline
- A knack for troubleshooting & resolving technical issues in development and production
- Familiarity with Ansible is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Company remote-first policy
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Memberships for the following: Health Advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- All-access pass to WeWork co-working spaces across the globe!
- Employee Discount Program
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Summer Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Equipment you need to do your job
- 401K Match
- Reimbursement for conferences and continuing education to support your professional development
- Great Place to Work Certification!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.