Senior Software Engineer (Remote)At ApplyBoard
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on September 20th
- Design and develop new capabilities and enhancements to be used directly by students to help them achieve their dream of studying abroad
- Work closely with others in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality software
- Improve the quality and usefulness of existing features, through refactoring, decomposition, bug-fixing and preventive maintenance
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the way we plan, develop, test and deploy our software
- Lead by example in the practice and promotion of excellence in software engineering
- Serve as an active mentor to less-experienced developers
- Several years of practical experience developing web-based commercial software that users love (in any modern tech stack)
- Great communication skills. (Yes, everyone writes that - but we really mean it.)
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of its users
- Knowledge of a variety of programming paradigms and languages, design patterns, tech stacks and frameworks - and the trade-offs entailed in choosing among them
- A high level of skill and craftsmanship in building software that stands the test of time
- Ability to explain and defend an informed opinion while maintaining an open mind
- Experience with engineering practices and processes which promote incrementalism, frequent delivery and tight feedback loops - without sacrificing quality
- Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
- Ruby, Rails, Typescript, React or Node.js
- Writing complete and maintainable unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests
- Kafka, Amazon MQ, RabbitMQ or similar streaming or messaging systems
- EdTech, eCommerce, or content-management software
- Relational databases, ORM frameworks, and their alternatives
- Microservices or SOA; RESTful APIs, JSON
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- DevOps, Observability, Infrastructure as Code
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,500 team members based in over 25 countries, who speak more than 75 languages.
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about ApplyBoard, read our Life at ApplyBoard Blog, and be sure to follow us on our LinkedIn page.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.