Software Engineer (Backend)At Anedot
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 23rd
Impactful, Permanently Remote Work at Anedot.
If you enjoy...
- programming for complex data platforms with transactional workflows and zero tolerance for errors
- using open-sourced packages
- shipping quality features
- being on a self-managing team, supported via DevOps team automation
- working in an environment that has few meetings and little bureaucracy
- (or have an interest in) serving campaigns, churches, ministries, nonprofits, and schools
and you live in Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, California, Washington (state), Idaho, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Florida or Saskatchewan, Canada then keep reading.
Backend Engineers contribute to Anedot's Product by working on the Product team. Software Engineers are led by the Director of Engineering.
- Engineering (Software Engineering, Infrastructure)
- Finance (Accounting)
- Growth (Content, Success, Support)
- Legal (Legal/Compliance, Accounts)
- People (Recruitment, Employee Experience)
- Product (Design, Product Management, QA)
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role
- Backend programming experience
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile team-oriented development environment with peer code reviews
- Strong familiarity with Ruby/Rails (and nice-to-have basic React experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field a plus
What Success Looks Like in this Role
- Write well-designed, testable code, commit work to GitHub to ensure compatibility and stability
- Work in friendly agile team, collaborative, engineering environment with continuous delivery
- Review the work of other engineers providing feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Work with the team to upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug, existing systems
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills of codebase languages, frameworks, & tools
How We Measure Success in this Role
- Periodic informal feedback and review of work
- Ship quality features
- Code contribution and quality
- Communication, teamwork, documentation, and completeness of work
- Ruby (Rails)
- AWS Cloud platform
- Sidekiq Enterprise for workers/jobs/queues
- Testing tools/frameworks
- GitHub Actions
See our careers page for more information.
See our careers page for perks and benefits information.
Terms of employment at Anedot
- Full-time, exempt
- Permanently remote
- At-will employment
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. Our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.