Lead Software EngineerAt Above Lending
- Full Time
Posted on November 24th
- Drive decisions for greenfield projects that will drive the business for the next 3-5 years
- Design and build our internal-facing API’s, asynchronous back end processing, and third-party integrations using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Facilitate technical conversations with other engineers and help steer decisions in the right direction
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Assist other engineers in resolving or removing blockers they might encounter
- Research and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our platform
- Build in business and technical metrics alongside the features themselves to further us as a data-driven organization
- Work with our devops team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline built with CircleCI, Jenkins, and AWS tooling fits our growing needs.
- Receive a personalized development program and sponsorship from your manager
What We Look For
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality software using Ruby on Rails.
- Expertise in building and consuming APIs
- Strong knowledge of database design and writing SQL statements
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Experience scoping large projects into small iterations for release
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Mentorship skills and the ability to give well-crafted constructive feedback
Want to learn more about our engineering department? Read Day in the Life of a Beyond Finance Software Engineer
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.