Ruby on Rails Engineer IIIAt 2U
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on September 23rd
- Make direct technical contributions (writing, debugging, reviewing and deploying code)
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to your team members
- Lead technical design of features and participate in larger architectural efforts
- Advocate for engineering QoL priorities
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 4+ years of Experience
- 4+ Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases (like MySQL)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Python + Tornado
- Document oriented databases (like MongoDB)
- Key Value stores (like Redis)
- AWS Lambda, Aurora / RDS, Elasticache
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.